The agitator rotation pushes the product towards the discharge valve.
Once in the valve,
the product is fluidized in a gas stream and pneumatically conveyed into a cyclone - dust filter,
in which the solids and conveying gases are separated.
When the agitator no longer touches the residual product heel, this phase is complete.
The spray nozzles
mounted in the top
head of the vessel are
activated, energetically blowing, fluidizing the residual product heel
and making it available to be removed as part of the pneumatic transfer.
It is possible to discharge 100% of the product left on the bottom of the vessel.
The main components are:
- A ring with special spray nozzles installed in the head of the vessel.
The ring never comes in direct contact with the slurry or the solid
- A special solids discharge plug valve mounted flush to the internal vessel wall
and tangentially to the bottom of the vessel; the valve can be sterilized and
- A cyclone-dust filter
The project, wherever necessary, takes into account all of the pharmaceutical applications and requirements, including: operational safety measures,
cGMP construction, cleaning in place (CIP), prevention of operator exposure and/or contamination of the product, sterilization.
Xtract-1 is being used on a vast number of applications.
- Available on vessels from 0,2 to 16 m2 filter surface area
- Vacuum or pressurized systems
- Complete cake removal
- Elimination of all normal problems related to usual gravity discharge
- The product can be discharged over considerable distances from the installed unit, with the possibility to cross over physical barriers, such as walls, floors and ceilings
- Automatic discharge, without manual intervention or operator exposure, in a short period of time
- Retrofitting on existing machines is available
- Pilot trials available